Wednesday, April 1, 2009

But Not For Me

It's been more than a year now since I started Classic Ramblings. I didn't know quite what I intended for it at the beginning: What purpose would it serve? What would it stand for? I thought I would figure things out along the way.

Never did.

So I plugged aimlessly on, and as I did, I began losing track of what was most important to me. "Gotta post something! GOTTA POST SOMETHING!" I thought. And with my mind so full of these thoughts, I pushed God into a corner. He's too big to stay there.

Every once in a while I would get a glimpse of what I was missing by focusing so desperately on Ramblings; it seemed I was missing something great.

There's a verse in Psalm 46 that goes: "Be still, and know that I am God.."

I stood still; rather fearful of the possibilities. So often I've thought that by surrendering something to God, I would be left empty-handed. It isn't so. I'm more at ease; more able. The sense of wonder I'd exchanged for "trying to be clever" is coming back to me now. And my hands... they're far from empty.

I'm going to go on this way; going to do my best to go His way. I'll be leaving Classic Ramblings behind, taking along a few pieces of it for other projects that seem intended for me. Perhaps Ramblings, too, will be taken up again someday. You never know what God has up his sleeve.

So long. And, thanks.

5 comments:

emme said...

*sigh* I was hoping this was something you posted for April Fools' Day...

I've enjoyed your blog so much...but it really is ever so much more important to draw closer & closer to our Heavenly Father. I'm really going to miss your posts, though...

Thank you so much for sharing so many bits of beauty,
Emily

Laura said...

You'll be missed, Carrie! I hope you'll let me know about any future projects you'd like to share with a fellow classic movie fan. :)

Take good care!

Best wishes,
Laura

Carrie said...

You'll be missed - you're on my daily list! I hope this doesn't mean you won't be commenting on other sites, too! :0)

Carrie Liz said...

Emily, Laura and Carrie:

Thank you so much for your comments! I certainly appreciate them, and your friendship.

I'll still be enjoying your blogs, and commenting on them, too. If you need anything, etc., just leave a comment here and I'll get back to you.

My best to all of you,
Carrie

Paul (Netherlands) said...

So I'm not the only christian who likes old movies and stills and so on.

So you'll understand when my walls at home is "full of them".

God bless.